Pages

Aug 12, 2011

Since you call on the Father...


Goodness the wrestling I’ve done; anxious mind work stretched across months. Only brave enough to share my heart-searching chatter with a precious faith-strong few who listen [yet again], who respond with God words that I know, and who point me back to knees-down prayer.
The wrestling is over this: to place faith writing on that World Wide Web, to open soul- private musing to unfamiliar others, to send words seeping from the deeper places of thought out onto screens unknown, to reveal God’s place in me.
Taken to the Book of Jeremiah during Sunday service, reading along, my eyes grow wide as words seem raised, bolded on the page;

“If you utter what is precious, and not what is worthless  you shall serve as my mouth.” Jeremiah 15:19
As this message works on my thoughts … a phrase from earlier in the morning surfaces to be strung together with it;
“Since you call on the Father…live your lives as strangers here…”  1Peter1:17
Seeking God’s word makes us strangers in the world. Writing words of faith in public places may fall on uninterested ears, may distance, alienate, and make us a stranger to some.
Yet faith and words, two gifts divinely bestowed are certain, assures Our Lord, to withstand the world’s discomfort. Though this mind wrestling likely will remain constant; “Since I call on the Father” I will endeavor “to utter what is precious” in hopes that it honors Him. I shall follow God as the Sunflower follows the sun.

The heart that has truly loved never forgets,
But as truly loves on to the close,
As the sunflower turns on her god when he sets
The same look which she turned when he rose!
~ Thomas Moore 

3 comments:

  1. I love the challenge to utter what is precious and not what is worthless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've wrestled with this very choice myself. Glad you've decided to write what is precious in a reflection of Him.

    And thank you for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Seeking God’s word makes us strangers in the world."...we are promised that our relationship with Him will do just that...and yet we must speak (and write)as He calls us. I thank GOD for your words today.

    ReplyDelete