Pages

Apr 11, 2012

Stand Up! Sing His Holy Name!

Our Pastor stepped to the pulpit to declare, "He is Risen!" and we rose to sing our joy as Easter people. 
My heart burst with it's own silent internal refrain,

"Stand up,



Stand up,
 


Sing!



Sing his holy name!"



Jubilant choir voices rang with a royal decree announcing the King of Kings. Our sanctuary, filled with hundreds of voices, joined the choir and song reverberated from loft to alter, up through the balconies, with the music of His people's praise. My heart swelled with the Holy Spirit's presence in this place and continued it's silent worshipful refrain, 


"Stand up,



Stand up,



Sing! Sing his holy name!"


Join me and journey across the web to share with others the experiences from this Easter Week at


4 comments:

  1. I love that you chose those brilliant red tulips to illustrate, "Stand Up! Sing!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jerralea,
      In my mind's eye they stand as we do in worship. Te tulip bowls representative of our 'hearts' full and red at the top of our 'stems'. Standing up together to hear God's words, to affirm our faith, share our praise. This garden of tall scarlet matched the color and fullness of my heart Sunday morning.

      Delete
  2. My goodness! Those tulips are simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      In my mind's eye the stems of blooms stand as we do in worship. The tulip bowls representative of our 'hearts' full and red as we too stand tall. Standing up together to hear God's words, to affirm our faith, share our praise. This gorgeous garden of tall scarlet matched my sense of community and the color and fullness of my heart Sunday morning.

      Delete