Pages

Jul 19, 2014

My Strength



My flesh and my heart may fail,
but God is the strength of my heart 
and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26

~

The heart shutters at the darker events of its time; shutters and howls in grief for fellow humanity suffering from the varied forms and wretched consequences of trauma. 

A young loved one debilitated by chronic pain or global humanity shattered by ancient battles: in faith  we grasp for the sacred response of fervent prayer.

 Knees bent to the floor, head bowed, hands clasped, whispers wringing out pleas for mercy that can only come from the almighty power of Holy God. 

Prayer re-enacted across the course of our breath filled hours 
is witness to the faith and hope in our souls.

~

Posting photo praise and encouraging words with fellow writers at The Weekend Brew, Still Saturday, Unforced Rhythms, Coffee for Your Heart, and His Story. Click a button below to visit that community’s posts.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful and awesome at the same time. You are gifted with words. Coming to you from Weekend Brew. God bless ~ Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humbled by your kind remarks; peace be with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how vividly you write! I had to read it twice! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have been feeling the heaviness of the pain around me lately. A cancer diagnosis in a young father. A marriage falling apart. Battles between ex-spouses over children. Lost jobs. So much more. Without the foundation of God's strength, I do not know how anyone can stand any of it. Thank you for the reminder that prayer is not a position of weakness, as so many outside a relationship with God sometimes think. Prayer is the ultimate tapping into power. Thank you for linking with Unforced Rhythms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greatly empathized with your words here.The indwelling power of the Holy Spirit, that sacred presence wraps my heart in the face of every hardship.

      Delete
  5. YES, He IS the strength of my heart. He has healed my heart several times in my life. More than once, I was going to die from heart attacks, even when I was much younger than I am today, b/c the stress of my life was pouring that intensity into me. At churches and even at night, the Lord touched my heart and I was healed. Now, I have other issues to deal with at my age thingy ... brain doesn't work as quickly, legs don't move as carefully... BUT I know He's my healer, and when I get to heaven I'll be serving Him consistently, constantly, and foreverly. That's all that counts. Bless you for your way of sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your heart felt words are tender and dear. It is that so very personal relationship with God that sustains our ongoing conversational prayer with Him. God is perpetually available to bolster our determination and courage. May His peace cradle you today.

      Delete